Wednesday, April 13, 2011

be humble man

Adhi Tirtawisata
Founder and Chairman of PT Panorama Sentrawisata Tbk

Often people ask what is the key to success in business. For me is simple. Relationships and reputation is key, especially in business services such as travel agents that we wrestled.
With relations and good name, then by itself be a good brand. This is capital that is priceless.

Good name and close relationship with customers and business partners will we get if all people in our company provide good service.

Since my business starting from scratch in the early 1960s to the Panorama develop like now, my principles remain the same: the customer is the king, and the king can do no wrong.

If the king was satisfied, he not only would return, but also to willingly recommend us to family and colleagues. Conversely, if not satisfied, let alone again, he will reveal his dissatisfaction with it to many people.

Maybe this sounds corny. But until now, this recipe proved efficacious.

The sage said, can be known by its fruit trees. This is true. From the services we provide, people see what our company is credible and whether the services we offer worth buying or not.

To ensure all employees to provide good service, we train all new employees Panorama for three months.

However, training alone is not enough. Far more important to give examples of how to treat the customer as king. Examples are experienced in everyday life will naturally seep and will shape the values (values) and behavior of employees, even our children.

In the past, I often bring their own guests to the airport. If our bus driver suddenly absent, I do not want to let guests disappointed and too late. I am the one who drove the bus.

One time a porter at the airport who said the first time he saw a travel company director who became a driver and picked up the guests luggage.

The porter nicknamed me "the humble man". Get that title, oh, I'm happy, but the most important thing for me is to serve guests. Because they are my customers, so they are the king who should I serve my best.

Until now, if possible, I occasionally pick up the guests at the airport. I also always try to be present at the event briefing with the guests before they left for abroad.

In addition to providing satisfaction and establish a closeness with the customers, I do it as an example for employees and my children who now run the management of Panorama.

It worked. I got to shed a tear reading the preface of the fourth book of my son in my autobiography. They said it could stand as it is now because look at what his father had done. I never taught them baseball have to do this once. They just look at my daily life.

Give me an example continues to do, although now I can not longer active in day-to-day management of the company. Principle I, as leaders, we must set a good example. So, every day I always come to the office discipline at 8 am, and go home at 7 pm.

In front of our office building there is a swimming fish. Each new arrival at the office and before going home, I always feed the fish. Many employees who protested why I did it, but there are office boy or the other employees are ready to do it.

But I have a own goal. I want all employees to understand that if the fish course I noticed, I love to eat, let alone my employees.

No comments:

Post a Comment